All God’s Chillun Got Wings
- 2.17 Fri19:30
- 2.18 Sat12:00 / 16:00 / 19:30
- 2.19 Sun12:00 / 16:00 / 19:30
- 上演時間Run time80 min
- Student Adv¥2,000
- Student Door¥2,500
• Registration for TPAM is required to receive the benefit.
• Please make reservations through TPAM My Page.
• Availability is limited.
• Please bring your reservation sheet to the venue or please tell your name at the door if your reservation sheet is not issued yet.
- Japanese（English synopsis provided *TBE）
This performance of American playwright Eugene O’Neill’s All God’s Chillun Got Wings (premiered in 1924) portrays the married life of Jim, a black man, and Ella, a white woman. Against the backdrop of racial issues, the play turns to the relationship between man and God. What emerges is a sense of the unbridgeable “gap” between the characters, or indeed the “gap” between the play and we inhabitants of modern Japan. The performance will center on these various “gaps”.
Team Chiipro staged Prologue in February and Access in June 2013. After a three-year hiatus, they returned to the stage in March 2016 with From a Small Washroom Just for Me. To date, they have focused on dance and theatrical productions. Their creative stance is to assume that there is no definite “I” as such.