M.M.S. – My Manifestoes of Surrealism
- 2.11 Sat11:00 / 16:00 / 19:30
- 2.12 Sun11:00 / 16:00 / 19:30
- 2.13 Mon16:00 / 19:30
- 2.14 Tue14:00 / 19:30
- 2.15 Wed14:00 / 19:30
- 上演時間Run time60 min
- Adv & Door¥2,000
• Registration for TPAM is required to receive the benefit.
• Please make reservations through TPAM My Page.
• Availability is limited.
• Please bring your reservation sheet to the venue or please tell your name at the door if your reservation sheet is not issued yet.
- Japanese（English synopsis provided）
With André Breton’s Surrealist Manifesto in hand, roaming through this and that text, I go to knock at surrealism’s door. Using language to the full, I venture in search of that instant, somewhere between fiction and truth, when one’s senses suddenly awaken. There may be nothing extraordinary about this instant. Is it unbearable to observe? No, it is perhaps a miraculous moment. In order to reach that instant, here is my – our – Surrealist Manifesto.
Nanado was formed in 2014. The company stages existing dramas and novels. Adapting scenes from the texts to their own visuals, they create an environment where the sounds and silences of the words come first. They encourage the audience to find pleasure in decoding the text themselves. In other words, their mantra is to create works that are pleasantly challenging, trendy and chic, and that will leave you deep in discussion after the show. To date, they have performed works by Franz Kafka, Fernando Arrabal, Samuel Beckett and Junichiro Tanizaki.